- Identify and discuss the required skills and competencies of a RN in the community setting. Do these differ from those required in an acute care setting? Explain and support your answer.
- The RN working in the community setting faces a number of challenges which include but are not limited to: infection control practices, patient/family privacy, families’ financial concerns, and the RN’s personal safety. Choose one (1) of the four (4) listed challenges and explain actions the RN can do to minimize its effect.
- Base your initial post on your readings and research of this topic. Your initial post must contain a minimum of 250 words. References, citations, and repeating the question do not count towards the 250 word minimum.
Choose one of the middle-range theories. How could you use this theory to direct care in a nursing unit if you were the manager? Share your results
Consider the following scenario:
Marcus recalls the beginning of his career, when he started as a nurse at Grand View Hospital. He had heard the organization was soliciting proposals from various companies so they could weigh the pros and cons associated with adopting a new health information technology system. He has been curious about the request for proposal (RFP) process ever since. Now, as he looks forward to new professional opportunities, he would like to ensure that he develops the skills and expertise needed to formulate an RFP.
What are your professional aims? How can you apply what you have learned in your coursework to your practicum setting? How will you leverage your experiences in the practicum to facilitate your development as a nurse leader-manager or informaticist?
In this Discussion, you reflect on your aspirations and consider the transitions that may be required to achieve them. You identify professional development objectives and evaluate opportunities for achieving them through your experiences in the practicum.
- Think about the professional role changes you have been undergoing or that you may undertake following completion of this MSN program.
- Review the information related to professional development and role change in the Learning Resources, and conduct additional research as necessary to address any questions or concerns you may have.
- Consider the following questions:
- What types of professional positions interest you? Are they significantly different from the types of positions you have held in the past? If so, how?
- What challenges are you likely to encounter as you transition into a new role?
- What resources could help you to manage this change? Consider your inner resources (e.g., drawing on previous experiences, stress management), resources available to you through your relationships with others, and institutional supports.
- Consider how you could use this Practicum Experience to apply what you have learned and enhance or acquire specialization skills and knowledge, regardless of whether you intend to change roles or stay in your current position for the time being.
- Review the NURS 6600 Course Outcomes listed in the Syllabus. Determine how your experiences in the practicum could help you to achieve one or more of these outcomes.
- Review the information in the Introduction to the Practicum (in this week’s Practicum area) and the School of Nursing Practicum Manual as necessary to ensure you have a clear understanding of the practicum requirements.
- Review the suggestions for developing effective learning objectives provided in the Learning Resources.
- Think of two or three objectives that could help guide your professional development during your practicum. These objectives, referred to as your practicum professional development objectives, must be:
- Reflective of the higher-order domains of Bloom’s Taxonomy (i.e., Application level and above)
- Select one or more practicum professional development objectives to focus on for this Discussion. (You may continue to hone these objectives as you work on this week’s Application Assignment.)
- Reflect on how you could achieve each objective through your Practicum Experience.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of your professional aspirations and how you intend to use the Practicum Experience to promote career change and/or enhance your performance. Describe at least one objective to facilitate your professional growth, and explain the steps you could take to achieve the objective(s) during your Practicum Experience. Support your response with examples from the literature.
During NP clinical practicum experiences, we identify, as nurses, many health care issues that need to be addressed at the local, state, or national level. Addressing the need for change in health care policy is now an intricate part of your role as a social change agent.
For this Discussion, you will identify a change needed in your community (state of Mississippi) and what your nursing legacy for positive social change will be.
- Consider the health care issues and deficits you have recognized in your professional practice.
- Identify a change needed in your community (state of Mississippi) in health care policy and discuss how you could impart change during your career as an NP.
- Consider your future as a NP and what your nursing legacy will be. How will you impart Social Change?
Post 1-2 pages on:
A change needed in your community (state of Mississippi) and an explanation for how you will begin to implement that change.
Then, share with your colleagues a brief explanation of what your nursing legacy will be and how will you impart Social Change.
Buppert, C. (2015). Buppert, C. (2015). Lawmaking and Health Policy. In Nurse Practitioner’s Business Practice and Legal Guide (5th ed.). (423-436). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
Christensen, C. M., Bohmer, R. M. J., & Kenagy, J. (2000). Will disruptive innovations cure health care? Harvard Business Review, 78(5), 102-112, 199.
National Conference of State Legislatures. (n.d.). Glossary of Legislative Terms. Retrieved from http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/glossary-of-legislative-terms.aspx
You may use other scholarly resources and websites as you see fit.
Overview: In this milestone, you will submit your review of a recent patient chart located in the Final Project Patient File. You will discuss the reason for the
patient’s visit, including the symptoms, signs, and potential treatment. Specifically, the following critical elements must be addressed:
II. Recent Visit Analysis
1. a) Explain why the patient has returned to the doctor’s office. What symptoms and signs is the patient experiencing?
2. b) Analyze the new symptoms and signs to determine whether the past diagnosis is still a reasonable conclusion or could have been a misdiagnosis.
Use specific information from both the recent visit and the patient history to inform your analysis.
3. c) Based on the new signs, symptoms, and potential diagnosis (if the doctor has made a new diagnosis), discuss what new or potential treatments
would be appropriate. Why?
Guidelines for Submission: This milestone should be at least 2 pages in length and submitted as a Word document. All sources should be in APA format.
Well lets see. The Supreme Court ruled that the constitution protected students right to wear black armbands as a sign of protest relating to 8th Circuit Rules Students. (1969)
Shared governance is a model of practice designed to integrate core values and beliefs that professional practice embraces, as a means of achieving quality care. Shared governance models were introduced to improve nurses’ work environment, satisfaction, and retention.
Shared Governance is one example of participative decision-making. Describe examples of participative decision-making exist in your workplace.
Kay is complaining of lower back pain. What is the medical term used to describe the lower spine?
Answer the other questions too please.
Nursing philosophy is the core of nursing practice. It is a perspective that I feel can differ from nurse to nurse based off of their views and experiences. According to Poliforni, “a philosophy will deem some ideas correct, others inconsistent, and some simply wrong” (pg 3). Philosophies are ever changing and can be proven right or wrong. The important thing is to be able to adapt and change views when it means putting patient’s first. Whether a registered nurse, or an advanced practice nurse, consistency of actions is key for patients.
I believe a key value to nursing philosophies is empathy. Without empathy, it is very difficult to be able to be a patient advocate. Having the ability to put oneself in a patients shoes, and really understand what they are going through, is a philosophy I would like to strive for as an advanced practice nurse. “One of the basic building blocks of ethics and ethical conduct towards others is empathy” (Dinikins 2011).
In conclusion, nursing is a profession where something new is learned everyday. Not one day is the same as another. Being able to adapt a philosophy and include empathy for my patients is something I intend on practicing as an advanced practice nurse.
Polifroni, C.E. (2018). Chapter 1. In J. B. Butts & K. L. Rich (Authors), Philosophies and Theories for Advanced Nursing Practice (3rd ed.,pp.3-18). Burlington, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning
Dinkins, C. (May 10, 2011) “Ethics: Beyond Patient Care: Practicing Empathy in the Workplace” OJIN: The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing Vol. 16 No. 2.
Conducting a Needs Assessment
In previous weeks, you identified the types of needs and the basic steps to conducting a needs assessment.
Using the South University Online Library, the Internet, and your interactions with your local healthcare department and professionals, create a 4- to 5-page needs assessment in a Microsoft Word document that:
- Identifies and describes in detail a public health problem that is significant in your community.
- Provides an introduction to the problem. The introduction should describe the impact of the problem on your community and rationale for its selection.
- Identifies, describes, and justifies your selection of the level of the public health pyramid at which the assessment will be conducted.
- Develops a needs assessment plan for addressing the selected problem in your community.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Name your document SU_PHE4055_W3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Submit your document to the W3 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, August 15
Please note that all kinds of custom written papers ordered from Nursinghelpcenter.com academic writing service, including, but not limited to, essays, research papers, dissertations, book reviews, should be used as reference material only. Therefore, when citing a paper you get from us in your own work, it should be properly referenced.